Photo: the Bicol International Airport in Legazpi City currenty under construction
In case you are wondering about the "Build Build Build" Projects of The Duterte administration, we compiled a sample list. Some of them like the Mindanao Railway, Chico River, Panguil Bay Bridge and the Bohol Airport are projects planned in previous administrations, while others were planned and commenced after 2016.
The list are just some of the 75 infrastructure projects that were identified by the NEDA Board Committee on Infrastructure or INFRACOM and the Investment Coordination Committee (ICC) as Flagship Projects of the current administration.
We listed them by major island group for easy reference and included links for you to gather more information or monitor their progress. The main source is the Build Build Build website: http://www.build.gov.ph
Clark International Airport Expansion
Phase 1 of the Clark International Airport expansion project is expected to be completed by June 2020, with the passenger capacity to be increased by eight million per annum. Read more here https://bcda.gov.ph/world-class-materials-clark-airport-en-route-ph
2. Construction of Sport Facilities in Clark. The complex in the Clark Special Economic Zone includes an Athletic Stadium with a 20,000 seating capacity, Aquatic Center with a 2,000 seating capacity, and an Athletes Village that can accommodate up to 1,000 athletes. Read more https://bcda.gov.ph/construction-sports-facilities-2019-sea-games-track.
3.Bonifacio Global City-Ortigas Center Link Road Project
The Bonifacio Global City (BGC) – Ortigas Center Link Road Project, will connect the commercial district of Ortigas Business Center, Pasig City and Bonifacio Global City (BGC) in Taguig City. Read more https://www.manilalivewire.com/2017/07/dpwh-unveils-the-construction-of-bgc-ortigas-link-road-and-bridge-project/.
4. NLEX-SLEX Connector Road
The project is expected to provide seamless expressway connection between key growth areas like Metro Manila and North and Central Luzon, and the Clark-Subic corridor.Read more https://businessmirror.com.ph/mptc-set-to-build-nlex-slex-connector-road-at-least-4-months-ahead-of-schedule/.
The about 30-kilometer underground railroad would run between Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City and the Ninoy Aquino International Airport across 14 stations, Mindanao Avenue-Quirino Highway, Tandang Sora, and North Avenue are the first three subway stations of the project which would be operating by 2022. Read more: https://business.inquirer.net/247759/1st-3-metro-manila-subway-stations-seen-operational-2022.
6.Estrella-Pantaleon Bridge in Metro Manila
The Estrella-Pantaleon Bridge will connect Estrella Street at Makati City and Barangka Drive in Mandaluyong City. It has a total road length of 506.46 meters. Read more: https://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1013108.
The four-lane, 734-meter span will connect Solana Street and Riverside in Intramuros with San Fernando Street in Binondo, sometime in 2020 as may be expected. The estimated P4.2 billion cost of the project is being paid for by a grant from the Chinese government. Read more https://www.manilatimes.net/binondo-intramuros-bridge-project-requires-thoughtful-plan/438651/.
8. Chico River Pump Irrigation Project
The Chico River Pump Irrigation Project is expected to boost the rice production of Cagayan and Kalinga provinces, the Philippines' top rice-producing provinces. Read more http://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1037911.
The Department of Transportation (DoTr) said construction of the Bicol International Airport is 50% complete and is well on track for its opening in 2020. Read more
More projects in Luzon: https://www.moneymax.ph/blog/build-build-build-philippines
1. New Bohol Airport
The Panglao airport would address the growing traffic congestion and accelerate economic growth in the region. It would make Bohol more accessible to the world with this new airport. Read more https://www.rappler.com/business/217678-duterte-inaugurates-bohol-panglao-international-airport-november-27-2018
2.Construction of the new Cebu International Container Port
A new international container port in Cebu to free up the existing seaport in the province and provide a more efficient and reliable transport infrastructure for the unimpeded flow of goods and services in the Visayas. Read more
3. Metro Cebu Expressway- a road that will improve traffic and mobility within the metro Cebu corridor. This project is a 73.75 km highway with a 2 km tunnel divided into three segments: Talisay-Cebu City-Mandaue (Segment 1), Consolacion-Liloan-Compostela-Danao (Segment 2), and Naga-Minglanilla (Segment (http://www.build.gov.ph/Home/Project_Details/47?Agency=DPWH)
4. Bacolod Economic Highway- This project is a 21.8 km – 4 lane road including 3 bridges and 2 way bike lane that would serve as an alternate circumferential road bypassing the busy Bacolod City Central Business District that lies in the interior of Bacolod City.(http://www.build.gov.ph/Home/Project_Details/46?Agency=DPWH)
Mindanao Railway.The Department of Transportation (DOTr) today said that the 102-km Mindanao Railway Project: Tagum-Davao-Digos (MRP-TDD) segment is expected to reduce travel time from Tagum City, Davao del Norte to Digos City, Davao del Sur from 3.5 hours to 1.3 hours once it starts operating in 2022. Read morehttp://dotr.gov.ph/10-press-releases/246-first-phase-of-mindanao-railway-project-to-cut-tagum-to-digos-travel-time-from-3-5-to-1-3-hours.html
2. Panguil Bay Bridge
The project, with an original budget of P4.9 billion, is a 3.48-kilometer, two lane bridge that will connect the city of Tangub in Misamis Occidental to the town of Tubod, the capital of Lanao del Norte. Read more https://www.bworldonline.com/panguil-bay-bridge-to-be-phls-longest-breaks-ground/
3. Drug Rehabilitation Center in Agusan
Rehabilitation center will have a floor area of 6,750 square meters and a 150-bed capacity. This project is granted by the government of China. Read more https://www.philstar.com/nation/2018/01/13/1777192/groundbreaking-held-china-funded-drug-rehab-center.
4. Zamboanga City bypass Road A 36.77-kms by-pass road project which involves the Construction /Road Opening/ Improvement / Road Concreting of a 12-meter wide, 2-lane road with slope protection including the construction of 6 bridges. (http://www.build.gov.ph/Home/Project_Details/71?Agency=DPWH)
5. Davao City Bypass Road- a new highway that can help motorists avoid entering the main urban area of Davao City. (http://build.gov.ph/Home/Project_Details/50?Agency=DPWH)
6. Night rating of Mindanao airports; Dipolog, Ozamis, Butuan, Cotabato. These are meant to encourage night flights that can spur trade and tourism in these key cities and help decongest hubs like Manila and Cebu by spreading out flight schedules rather than concentrating them in the morning and late efternoon hours where delays often occur due to air traffic congestion.Previously, these airports ooperate only during the day.
Furthermore, there are total of 3,945 km of accomplished roads under the Duterte administration (see report here http://agrinationph.com/2018/09/27/road-accomplishment-per-region/Y). Likewise, the DPWH reported that there are 2,423 bridges accomplished nationwide. As of June 2018, there are 127 new bridges, expanded 511 bridges, strengthened 642 bridges, and rehabilitated 939 bridges.
If you are interested to know the ongoing infrastructure projects in your region, do not hesitate to message Department of Public Works and Highways (http://www.dpwh.gov.ph/dpwh/)and Build Build Build Administration (http://build.gov.ph/Home/)
Build Build Build Administration (http://build.gov.ph/Home/)